Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Not So Bright Spot

Dear Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs:

I love your product. I really do. You help me be a better person. You help me save the environment and lower my carbon footprint. You simultaneously save me money in both your lower energy usage and your mega long life span. You are so wonderful in so many ways.

But you have a major flaw. Why, oh wonderful CFL, must you shatter into so very, very many pieces when broken? Moving is stressful and things are bound to get broken. But compact fluorescent you are truly a problem. Your pieces are so small, like thousands of grains of sand, deadly, sharp grains of sand. Your broken bits have adorned our carpet, shining like tiny flecks of glitter in what little light remains in your wake. We all know how hard glitter is to pick up, and you, my friend, are just as hard. So please, in the future, remain intact. Spare us the death defying clean-ups the the meticulous vacuuming. And live up to your long life potential.

Sincerely,
Caitlin

No comments: