Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Redeeming Diamonds

Hope is restored. Just when I had written diamonds off as something I could ever own, Facebook shows me the light. A few days ago in my Ad bar, I was an ad for a jewelry company called Brillant Earth. Their motto? Luxury with a conscience. Now this is something I could be for. Brillant Earth is a company run by a husband and wife duo committed to providing an alternative to the current diamond industry practices. "Brillant Earth believes that high quality, fine jewelry need not come at a great human or environmental cost."

Basically, all their jewelry is made with certified conflict-free Canadian diamonds, ethical origin sapphires, and renewed metals. This means that humanitarian and environmental issues of mining are largely removed. By supporting this company, you're demanding an ethical alternative to the current jewlery practices. And their stuff is really great looking too. Check out their website to see the selection and take your own stand. It's also a great place to start for information on dirty mining and conflict diamonds. If anyone is considering a gift to thank me for all my insightful blogging, I would mind receiving this!

No comments: