Friday, August 31, 2007

Two Quick Pet Peeves

Now that I'm home for Mexico and have had two whole days to loaf around my house, I have come up with fresh blogging ideas. Yay! First I'm sharing with you two things I recently discovered that kind of pushed my buttons.

1) When I order a Lite Latte at Dunkin Donuts, it bothers me that they ask me if I want whipped cream. I realize that they are just being polite and offering me the very American "choices." I'm ordering a Lite Latte. Obviously I want to save myself fat and calories. I have the will power. But then, they have to ask, "Would you like whipped cream on that?" And all my will power? It just fades away. "Yes! And while you're at it, can you add a side of fried lard and roll me out to my car?"

2) There is a Cheerios ad that shows the grandfather talking to his grandsons about tests and the grandfather is saying he has a test that morning that he hopes to score a 190 on. The grandson, of course, is astonished and says "oh you must be smart grandpa" or some such thing. The grandfather is obviously talking about a cholesterol test he's about to leave to have. While he's eating cheerios. This occurred to me as I was on my way out the door to my own cholesterol test yesterday morning. You can't eat before a cholesterol test! I wonder how many people walk into their cholesterol tests each day, puffed up with pride that they ate their Cheerios to get their cholesterol into the absolute highest range it can possibly be in without being considered unhealthy (because that's what I aim for all the time, I just want to squeak by with a pass, no doing better then average for me!), only to be told that they have to come back tomorrow. Thanks Cheerios!

No comments: