Saturday, August 26, 2006

Huruma Who?

As I frolic, head-on, into a new stage in my life I decided that it was time for a new, more sophisticated blog. I think I've done a lot of growing up in the last 4 years. So here I go.

Why this blog? Well, I was kind of inspired by my lovely friend Megan on this one. While we were both back at our Alma mater, Asbury College, for graduation, Megan made a comment about her mother and her interesting nursing stories and how she should write a book. I am about to enter nursing school (my first day is the 5th) and I thought the world-at-large might appreciate some tales from the inner sanctum of the hospital. And while I don't think I'm quite book writing material, a blog!, now that I can manage. I'll try not to talk about poop too much.

In addition to being about to enter nursing school, on the 1st I will be moving into my very first, post-college, off-campus, no rules just right apartment. I'm too excited to even begin to tell you about it. I will be rooming with a lovely person named Christine who I met at a financial aid night. So far we seem both really similar and really different. I enjoy contradictions.

So what can you expect from this oh so stereotypical blog? Well, lots of stories about icky gross medical things. Tales of two single 20-something post-college girls learning to make it in the big bad world alone while incurring something like $50,000 in student loan debt. Annoyingly opinionated tirades on politics, religion, current events, and humanity in general. And probably a few book reviews thrown in for intelligent post-modern free-thinking woman cred. That's me in a nut shell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! Caitlin has a blog!!