Thursday, August 31, 2006

Panic....and definetly not at the disco

Today has been a bit of a hectic day. One of those in which nothing seems to go right. I didn't get nearly as much done as I had planned packing wise. But I did pack a lot. And run errands. And talk on the phone for four <4> hours. To four <4> different people. Yikes! I'm uber popular! Anyway, so my panic moments. Two so far. I say so far because there are still 44 minutes left in today for something to go wrong.

Panic #1: After we signed our lease, I was under the impression all was well. We could move in whenever, just bring the rent check. So Christine and I decided to meet at 9am tomorrow to move in. I called the Complex to tell them and to double check on the rent amount. And the lady (whom we shall cal Snappy) was like uh no...you have to wait for your CO. At this point I so remember the other lady (Talkie) specifically telling me we had our CO. So I'm like...oh. When doesn't the inspector come? Snappy replies..oh well anytime really but usually between 10 and 2. We'll call you. I respond, "But we live a half hour away." Snappy pauses for a moment and retorts, "Well you don't have to move in tomorrow." No silly but I was PLANNING on it! Then I'm like but wait! The gas people are coming to turn on the gas. And she's like but oh, you can't get a CO without gas, so that could create a problem. I'm like AHHH! So I call Christine who is like AHHHH. And I'm like AHHH. And we're like AHHH again for good measure. So then I call the gas company who after some confusing arguing is like but you're on the schedule for the morning and we'll be there as soon as we can. So needless to say AHH hopefully we get our CO and can move in at a reasonable time.

Panic #2: I go to pick up my health forms at the Doctor's today. They grumble and complain and hand them over. Minus half the stuff I needed! Which was annoying enough since they've had them since the 15th. Then I find out the hospital has STILL not faxed them something. So now I have to call the hospital AGAIN to have them re-fax the papers I don't even know where for my drastically over due health forms. Grrr.

And finally the general panic is...packing! Still not done. But at least there's some stuff in the car to take tomorrow. So that redeems me a bit I suppose. But still...stuff to pack. But since I'm not leaving at 9am I can get up early and work on it tomorrow. Yay! I thought you might enjoy some pictures of the packing process. This, keep in mind was the beginning of the process. And remember I'm not really moving out, but kind of splitting my life.

Note the randomly barren walls and the opened drawers. I hadn't even started packing clothes at this point.
The irony of this picture? That's not packing mess. That's what my room looked like all summer.
Packing of the beloved shoes.

Perhaps the most overwhelming thought of all of this is knowing that it must all be unpacked and put away. I wish I was Samantha on Bewitched...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with packing. i'm excited for you and your new apartment! I miss you muchly!

Anonymous said...

Were you writing this while I was talking to you? You definitely were.... As Stephanie Tanner would say, "How rude!"

Unknown said...

I love Panic! at the Disco! And I miss you... and your shoe collection... ;)