Friday, September 01, 2006

Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves. . . . People that can't spell my name.

My name, for every one's information is spelled the CORRECT way. Caitlin is an Irish name that is not pronounced like it is here. It's more like Cathleen. Anyway, it's not some bastardization of Kate and Lynn. It's it's own unique name with it's own unique spelling. Then, the 80's has to come along and suddenly everyone gets together and decides to name their children normal things but spell it all screwed up. So now you have Kaitlyn, and Catelynn, and Katelin, and I'm like SPELL IT RIGHT! So now, my perfectly normal, spelled correctly name is an anomaly. And everywhere I go people spell it wrong. Because their niece or their granddaughter, or their cousin spells it Caitlyn or Kaitlynn and of course you must too even though it's completely WRONG. So when that happens I smartly respond, yes well I spell mine the traditional Irish way. Because it's an Irish name. And I look Irish. And it's better. One C, two I's, no E's or Y's. So bite me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang. How can you spell Caitlin wrong? That's insane. Although, my name is also mispelt a LOT (Meghan, Meagan, etc.), so I feel your pain. Blah.