Friday, September 15, 2006

Boogie down

Friday has finally arrived! And Friday means...no classes! I've never had Friday's completely off before. And I'm totally loving it. I got up late, made waffles, and am currently relaxing on the couch. I really needed it. I've been trying so hard to catch up on my reading. I literally have hundreds and hundreds of pages of reading to do every week. It's slightly...overwhelming. But I think now I'm only a week behind instead of two. Now that's progress.

Now that I'm pretty well settled in to my apartment, I'm still absolutely loving it. It's just so peaceful and comfortable and homey. It still needs some stuff (such as a light in the living room and perhaps some chairs on the balcony) but it's practically perfect. I went home last weekend and it was so hard. I got all weirdly emotional when it was time to leave. Such a dork.

Despite all the chaos of this program, there is one bright spot. Dr. Sam, my pathophysiology professor. He's one cool dude. I love his class. He's so funny and it feels like being in a real class in contrast to some of my nursing classes which have been a little like...fluff. But Dr. Sam...he's from Egypt. And he has this awesome accent. And every time he says enzymes it gives me chills. I have to get some audio of him up here so you can understand what I'm talking about. Anyway, he's awesome.

On Saturday, I'm going down to Atlantic City with my roomie and some of her friends. It should be a pretty interesting time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could you have been two weeks behind on reading?? You've only been in school for like 1.5 weeks!