Monday, September 10, 2007

Cake in a Cup

One of my new favorite foods are cupcakes. I've had a few barbeque/party type events to go to recently and I've decided to make cupcakes my thing. For some people it's some kind of salad or cookies but my thing is officially cupcakes. I think that cupcakes are a generally overlooked food. Everyone loves them but I think we all associate them with elementary school birthdays. Before I started making them I don't think I'd had a cupcake in years. But they're the perfect food. Bite size, you eat it with your fingers, and everyone loves them. I usually try to make some kind of "gourmet" cupcake to make it a little more interesting and adult, but you can't skimp on the sprinkles either.

This Saturday, I made chocolate surprise cupcakes for my church's softball picnic. The other great thing about cupcakes? When you have 12 left over they're really easy to give away. Two to one of the kids, two to my roommate, four for a shut-in and his caregiver, and four for my parents and I have to eat absolutely zero cupcakes before they go bad. Unlike the huge bowl of expensive dip I had left over from the Super Bowl party I went to. The only downside to cupcakes is they probably take a little longer and make a bigger mess then some other options. But I think the work/reward ratio is defiantly in the right proportion when it comes to making cupcakes. They're just so cute, how can they not make you happy?

Now that you know my love for cupcakes, my new link addition will make perfect sense! It's a blog called Cupcakes Take the Cake. It's written by "true cupcake fans" and claims to be "all cupcakes, all the time." Expect some taste tests in the near future.


No comments: